Church Re-Opening After Coronavirus Pandemic Stay-At-Home Orders
Our goal is to provide an environment that maintains a level of safety that allows all of us to feel comfortable meeting together for worship services. We will be worshiping together for the first time on Sunday, June 21, 2020, at 11:00 AM. We will continue to use these measures as long as they seem necessary:
- We ask that everyone wears a mask while entering the building and wear it during the time we are together. We will have masks available for anyone who forgets or who needs one to use.
- Inside the vestibule there will be hand sanitizer available, and attendance information will be recorded for contact tracing purposes if necessary.
- Congregants will be seated by ushers to maximize our space and comply with social distancing requirements.
- During the service, there will be no passing the peace or children’s sermon.
- The offering will be received in a basket at the top of the steps leading into the sanctuary.
- People will exit the sanctuary at the direction of the ushers.
- There will be no social hour following the service.
Building Use Policy
Please click here to view our building rental terms, guidelines, and policy.
At St. John’s participation in Holy Communion is offered to any person who seeks to walk more closely with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, either as a member of this congregation, guests, or visitors/members from other churches. Our age and instruction recommendation is the following:
- Those who have finished high school and are 18 years of age or older who have received instruction in this sacrament and have confirmed their faith and belief in God, our creator. Or those 18 years of age or older who receive formal instruction with our pastor (instruction and amount of instruction time should be determined by the pastor following the first instruction).
- Those who are 17 years of age or younger who have been confirmed at our church or any other church, and/or with their parent or guardian’s permission.
The winter months mean there is chance for inclement weather. We will have church as long as the pastor can get to the church. If we must cancel Christian Connection and/or worship, we will share this information via WLBR (1270 AM), WGAL-TV (channel 8) or WHTM-TV (channel abc27). Robin Getz will also send out an email message and a message on the St. John’s UCC Facebook page. Of course, you can always call Pastor Tony or Louise Walmer (see your copy of the church directory or a bulletin for their phone numbers).
Vacation Bible School Policies and Procedures
Please click here to view our policies and procedures for Vacation Bible School.
Wedding and Wedding Music Policies
Are you looking for a wedding venue? For information regarding use of the sanctuary for a wedding and for information regarding the use of music in weddings held in our sanctuary please click here. For general guidelines for use of the building please see the building policy at the top of this page.